passing nil to WSDL function

raja

7/19/2006 9:29:00 PM

Consider the following script: I want to pass nil to 'eventId' instead of 0.
But ruby spits out error if i try to use nil. It works for 0.

soap = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new(wsdl_url).create_rpc_driver
soap.wiredump_file_base = "soapresult"

parameterMap = { "versionSetName" => "live",
"eventId" => 0,
}

print "\nCAlling getVersionSet...\n"
result = soap.getVersionSetFile(parameterMap)

Thank you,
Raja

3 Answers

Shall not be infringed

On Sep 18, 1:03 pm, RD Sandman <rdsandman@comcast[remove].net> wrote:
> Shall not be infringed <hot-ham-and-che...@hotmail.com> wrote innews:a355f840-fc8d-44e7-a91d-f4fe05ce62f1@ge10g2000vbb.googlegroups.com:
>

> > On Sep 18, 5:50 am, Gunner Asch <gunnera...@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Because that 15-20 yrs has this nasty habit of suddenly getting
> smaller
> >> and smaller..or shorter and shorter actually.
>
> >> In the 1980s..SS was good until the 2080s..then it dropped to the
> >> 2050s...then it dropped to the 2030s...and now many estimates say it
> >> goes tits up in less than 10  yrs...the 2020s. Next year it may be in
> >> the 2015..and the year after that.....
>
> > Never ending new criterion to put people on SS keeps shortening the
> > solvency period.
>
> > And just this year the first baby boomer turned 65.
>
> Not to worry, there are only 79 million more of them coming over the
> hill.

Yep. I was born in year twelve of the eighteen year phenomenon.

Tankfixer

In article <Xns9F629699CC2DChopewell@216.196.121.131>, - RD Sandman
rdsandman@comcast[remove].net spouted !

> Tankfixer <paul.carrier@gmail.c00m> wrote in
>
> > In article <Xns9F6280F38D0F9hopewell@216.196.121.131>, - RD Sandman
> > rdsandman@comcast[remove].net spouted !
> >>
> >> Tankfixer <paul.carrier@gmail.c00m> wrote in

> huntres23

> >> Because those contributions set the table for the amount of money you
> >> will be paid in either early retirement or full retirement. There is
> no
> >> specific amount being stored for you.
> >
> > Sort of an IOU then...
> > Of what I've paid in and can expect to be repaid.
>
> Nope.....just a listing so that when you retire they can look at the last
> 10 years and set what category you will be paid in on your checks. It
> really has no correlation to what you paid in other than to set a level.
> If you had only paid in for 10 years but the same amount annually, you
> would get an SS check in the same amount as if you had paid for thrity
> years with the same amounts for the last 10.
>
> Remember when this thing first stated, the first recipients had paid in
> nothing. So make sure your representatives in Congress vote to change SS
> so that it remains viable.....or you may be in a situation where the last
> recipients also get nothing.

Boy, that sounds an awful lot like a .. Ponzi scheme...

Harold Burton

falk@rahul.net (Edward A. Falk) wrote:

> In article <v7udnavENLdqYezTnZ2dnUVZ_qqdnZ2d@giganews.com>,
> Uno Hu <lorad474@cs.com> wrote:
> >
> >There is no 'ponzi scheme'.
>
> Generally, the only people claiming Social Security is broke are the
> ones who want to break it.

That, plus a lot of DemoCRAT congresspersons.

snicker