Where to place local version of gem file for win32 install?

Tuka Opaleye

I have downloaded a version of mongrel gem files and I would like to
attempt a local installation. using

gem install mongrel

however I do not know where exactly RubyGems searched for the file. I
have attempted by trial an error but to no avail. Does anyone know ?

I am using a windows version of ruby.

TIA
Tuka

Justin Collins

Tuka Opaleye wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded a version of mongrel gem files and I would like to
> attempt a local installation. using
>
> gem install mongrel
>
> however I do not know where exactly RubyGems searched for the file. I
> have attempted by trial an error but to no avail. Does anyone know ?
>
> I am using a windows version of ruby.
>
> TIA
> Tuka

Try running gem install mongrel in the directory where you saved the gem.

-Justin

Alexandru Popescu

gem install <path_to_local_gem> should do it.

hth,

/alex
--
w( the_mindstorm )p.