Re: [BUG/PATCH] http-access2

Trans

7/17/2006 10:06:00 AM

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:
> Sorry for very late reply.
>
> Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> > here's a patch for a bug that causes cookies using http-access2 not to
> > be sent
> > on subsequent requests:
>
> Thank you for detailed explanation. Now I'm planning new http-access
> release. I applied your fix.
>
> All, would you please try the following http-access2 preview release at
> your leisure?
> http://dev.ctor.org/download/http-access-20060...
>
> I want to be sure that this release fixes bugs and does not break user
> applications.

Hi,

I would like to encourage you to drop the "2" from the package name. Is
there a "1" and is "1" in common use? Also I encourage you to move
Cookie out of WebAgent namespace since it is no longer part of the
TAKAHASHI `Maki' Masayoshi's WebAgent program.

Thanks for excellent lib!
T.

5 Answers

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi

transfire@gmail.com wrote:
> I would like to encourage you to drop the "2" from the package name. Is
> there a "1" and is "1" in common use? Also I encourage you to move

There was "http-access" package by Maehashi-san. Unfortunately the
author terminated(?) it. Net::HTTP and http-access2 were children of
the package. As far as I know Net::HTTP was almost rewritten but
http-access2 still contains HTTP/1.1 parsing state machine of http-access.

Aside from this, I'll change package name and class name if I find a
good name. What do you think "SOAP::HTTPClient"? :-)

> Cookie out of WebAgent namespace since it is no longer part of the
> TAKAHASHI `Maki' Masayoshi's WebAgent program.

I just applied patches from users to WebAgent::Cookie. I almost did
nothing. But I agree with you its module name should be changed. If I
find a good name...

Regards,
// NaHi

Trans

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> transfire@gmail.com wrote:
> > I would like to encourage you to drop the "2" from the package name. Is
> > there a "1" and is "1" in common use? Also I encourage you to move
>
> There was "http-access" package by Maehashi-san. Unfortunately the
> author terminated(?) it. Net::HTTP and http-access2 were children of
> the package. As far as I know Net::HTTP was almost rewritten but
> http-access2 still contains HTTP/1.1 parsing state machine of http-access.

I see. Thanks.

Well, I'm no expert on these matters, but...

> Aside from this, I'll change package name and class name if I find a
> good name. What do you think "SOAP::HTTPClient"? :-)

SOAP? More like REST::HTTPClient ?

But maybe just use HTTP namespace? HttpClient = HTTP::Client?

> > Cookie out of WebAgent namespace since it is no longer part of the
> > TAKAHASHI `Maki' Masayoshi's WebAgent program.
>
> I just applied patches from users to WebAgent::Cookie. I almost did
> nothing. But I agree with you its module name should be changed. If I
> find a good name...

I definitely think HTTP::Cookie in this case is appropraite.

regards,
T.

Trans

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Trans wrote:
> >> Aside from this, I'll change package name and class name if I find a
> >> good name. What do you think "SOAP::HTTPClient"? :-)
> >
> > SOAP? More like REST::HTTPClient ?
>
> Users seem to use http-access2 for (1)soap4r or (2)HTTP-Cookies
> handling. Don't you think it's unrestful? :-)

Huh. Like I said I'm no expert. I didn't realize you could use it like
that. I use it to build a sort-of web-api to Rubyforge. I thought REST
b/c of that --no SOAP envelopes involved..

> > But maybe just use HTTP namespace? HttpClient = HTTP::Client?
>
> Hmm. Too generic I think. Implementing HTTP protocol is preserved for
> Net::HTTP. Handling HTTP resources is for open-uri. I hope
> http-access2 used for creating HTTP client agent.

HTTP::API -> HTTPAPI -> HTPAPPY -> HitPappy ;)

T.

Al Nakba

On Mar 26, 2:57 pm, Ackneigh Wombuster <perryneh...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> The U.S. military has more than 200,000 major weapons of all types un-
> or under-used.  We need places to try 'em and test them.  So why not
> the Muslim countries?  [Better than bombing Christians, though not
> MUCH better.]
>
> After all, we're already trapped in that regional hellhole, so let's
> use our military-industrial monster to the fullest.

when there are no infidels to savagely miurder, the asslifters happily
kill one another. it is their nature..

Zulu

On 26/03/2011 22:57, Ackneigh Wombuster wrote:
> The U.S. military has more than 200,000 major weapons of all types un-
> or under-used. We need places to try 'em and test them. So why not
> the Muslim countries? [Better than bombing Christians, though not
> MUCH better.]
>
> After all, we're already trapped in that regional hellhole, so let's
> use our military-industrial monster to the fullest.

Could have used that stock to protect the civilians of Gaza from war criminals, don't you think?
Why should deserve more protection Libyan civilians than Palestinian ones?
Double standard?