Net::HTTP client side sessions?

brez! !!

7/16/2006 9:04:00 PM

Been looking through Net::HTTP for a way to manage a session [i.e.
cookies] on the client side but haven't had much luck.. Could anyone
point me in the right direction for a way to [short of writing it from
scratch of course] maintain a session id on the client side, i.e. I want
to be able to have my script engage in a session, e.g. logs in, makes a
post, etc [all stuff that requires my session is still valid]..

Thanks

Aaron Patterson

On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 06:03:41AM +0900, Brez! !! wrote:
> Been looking through Net::HTTP for a way to manage a session [i.e.
> cookies] on the client side but haven't had much luck.. Could anyone
> point me in the right direction for a way to [short of writing it from
> scratch of course] maintain a session id on the client side, i.e. I want
> to be able to have my script engage in a session, e.g. logs in, makes a
> post, etc [all stuff that requires my session is still valid]..
>
> Thanks

Have you tried looking at WWW::Mechanize? It will maintain your cookies
for you.

http://mechanize.ruby...

--Aaron

brez! !!

> http://mechanize.ruby...

Perfect - thanks Aaron

yansimon52

On Jan 19, 2:09 pm, bear <poolahb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 19, 11:27 am,yansimon52<yansimo...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jan 19, 11:14 am, "truth" <tr...@universe.com> wrote:
>
> > > LKY draws a salary of over $3 million a year.
> > > He also draws a pension. Until not too long ago this
> > > is secret to average Singaporeans.
> > > He earns director fees for sitting on many corporate boards.
> > > He collected $millions from his royalties from his writings
> > > including feature articles for world media.
> > > He collected huge rentals from his massive property portfolios.
> > > He also collected lots of dividends from his massive share,
> > > bonds and other financial instruments.
> > > As Chairman of GIC with a portfolio of over US$300 billion
> > > I am sure they rewarded him in the $millions.
> > > LKY is raking in well over $30 million a year.
> > > He is a very very rich man.
> > > So a low income tax is very much in his favour.
> > > Cutting the inheritance tax to zero is very good for his children.
> > > So less transperancy is also good for him. The less Singaporeans
> > > know of the extent of his richness, the less they will be unhappy
> > > with his broken promise to give poor and average Singaporeans
> > > a decent life and a secure retirement in return for keeping him in
> > > power for so long.
> > > He has forgotten about his promise. These are things furthest
> > > from his mind. How can Singaporeans ever trust him again ?
>
> > Jack Neo taught him....'money not enough'.....
>
> Luke 18:22.-

Luke gave out 4D(1822) nos for this weekend ah?