Alternative to open-uri?

CBlair1986

7/16/2006 7:13:00 PM

I'm using open-uri to open a very large web file. This is all fine and
dandy, I thought, until I saw how much memory it was using. I can deal
with a little bit of memory taken up, but memory up to the size of the
file is just too much.

Does anyone know any alternatives to open-uri, different methods I
could use, etc?

Thank you very much!

1 Answer

Tanaka Akira

In article <1153077206.189153.54380@35g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
"CBlair1986" <CBlair1986@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using open-uri to open a very large web file. This is all fine and
> dandy, I thought, until I saw how much memory it was using. I can deal
> with a little bit of memory taken up, but memory up to the size of the
> file is just too much.

open-uri use Tempfile for large file. (> 10k)
So it shouldn't consume much memory.
--
Tanaka Akira