Re: Developmetn Releases on Rubyforge

Berger, Daniel

7/11/2006 6:03:00 PM

Simple - I don't put out a gems for development releases. You want it?
You gotta grab it yourself. :)

Does rubygems support a "status" option, i.e. "stable", "alpha",
"development", etc? Then set the default to only install "stable" gems,
with an option to install the specified status level, e.g. gem install
foo --status=any would grab the latest and greatest, regardless of dev
status.

Might be handy.

Regards,

Dan

prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication

Trans

Berger, Daniel wrote:
> [...]

Doh! Yea well that's a good idea. I'll do that, Thanks Daniel. BTW I
added you #to_struct method to Facets yesterday. Thanks!

> Does rubygems support a "status" option, i.e. "stable", "alpha",
> "development", etc? Then set the default to only install "stable" gems,
> with an option to install the specified status level, e.g. gem install
> foo --status=any would grab the latest and greatest, regardless of dev
> status.

Yea. Something like that seems like a good idea.

Thanks,
T.