Developmetn Releases on Rubyforge

Trans

7/11/2006 5:57:00 PM

Wish there a way to mark a Rubyforge release as "official" so that a
later development releases wouldn't become the default package/gem.

What solutions to this do others use?
T.

7 Answers

khaines

Trans

khaines@enigo.com wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006 transfire@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Wish there a way to mark a Rubyforge release as "official" so that a
> > later development releases wouldn't become the default package/gem.
> >
> > What solutions to this do others use?
>
> Bad ones? i.e. not doing "development" releases often because I don't
> want them to be seen as non-development releases.
>
> I think Daniel's suggestion -- to not release a gem to RubyForge if it is
> a development release -- is a good one. Other than that, I think it comes
> down to versioning and release naming as the only current options.

On second though, testing the gem is important too and I imagine some
of my users still want the convenicen of the gem even for development
versions.....

One thing I thought of was prefixing dev versions with 0. so version
1.5.0's dev version would be 0.1.5.0.

Btw in gems versioing does it support dashes and do they sort before
dots? Eg.

1.5.0, 1.5.0-2, 1.5.0-1, 1.4.9

Thanks,
T.

Nickname unavailable

On Mar 11, 10:05 pm, jigo <reti...@home.com> wrote:
> Nickname unavailable wrote:
> > yes it was bushes fault and it still is: The Iraq war says economist
> > Joseph Stiglitz, is the first U.S. war financed entirely on
> > credit:There’s no such thing as a free war Stiglitz said. The U.S.,
> > the world will be paying the price for decades to come
>
> And yet you want government to regulate things in spite of such
> stupidity.

the difference between you and i, is that i understand the
differences between good government and bad government, i understand
what corruption is, and privatization is corruption, its rotten to the
core, and the founders feared concentrated wealth and corporations for
a reason.

BTW, "liberals" Hilary Clinton and John Kerry voted for the
> Iraq war.

they are what is called neo-liberals. please, its over your head. you
have no real clue as to what many of these people really are, and the
polices they embrace. those polices are rich/corporate friendly.

It's not a question of party; politicians are inherently
> stupid and evil.

many are, but compared to the private sector, where most of the
crimes are committed, many are angels compared to the heads of
corporations.

Government is the source of most of the evil in the world.

nope, if it was, somalia would be the richest safest country in the
world.

> "I believe that all government is evil, and that trying to improve it
> is largely a waste of time."
> --H. L. Mencken

" For too many of us the political equality we once had won was
meaningless in the face of economic inequality. A small group had
concentrated into their own hands an almost complete control over
other people's property, other people's money, other people's labor —
other people's lives. For too many of us life was no longer free;
liberty no longer real; men could no longer follow the pursuit of
happiness.
Against economic tyranny such as this, the American citizen could
appeal only to the organized power of government. The collapse of 1929
showed up the despotism for what it was. The election of 1932 was the
people's mandate to end it. Under that mandate it is being ended.
President Franklin Roosevelt "

Sid9

"jigo" <retired@home.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> of Iraq???s own funds has been lost to corruption, with much of the
>> money ending up in the hands of Shiite militias and Sunni insurgent
>> groups. That total doesn???t include the losses from oil smuggling and
>> theft. When the U.S. renovated Iraq???s oil pipelines, it failed to
>> install meters to monitor the flow of oil. So no one can say how much
>> oil has been siphoned off illegally. ??????Is life at least better for the
>> Iraqi people????By some measures, unquestionably. Recent polls show that
>> 45 percent of Iraqis expect conditions to improve over the next 12
>> months, up from 29 percent in 2007. Unlike in the Saddam Hussein era,
>> when political opponents were killed or tortured and only state-
>> sponsored media were permitted, Iraq now has 268 privately owned
>> newspapers and 54 commercial TV stations. Thanks to the surge of
>> 28,000 additional U.S. forces and peacekeeping deals with ???Sunni
>> awakening??? groups, war-related deaths among Iraqi civilians have
>> dropped to fewer than 600 a month, compared to almost 1,800 a month in
>> 2006. But more than 60,000 Iraqis have died in the sectarian violence
>> thus far, and many portions of the country remain dangerous. In
>> Baghdad, electricity is available less than 12 hours a day, and many
>> areas have no running water or sewer systems. Unemployment stands at
>> around 33 percent, and inflation is soaring. About 2 million Iraqis
>> have fled Iraq, mostly to Syria and Jordan, and many vow not to go
>> back. Meanwhile, the political impasse between the government and
>> Sunnis and insurgent Shiite groups keeps the country stuck in a
>> primitive, largely dysfunctional state. Americans ???are the best in
>> destroying things,??? said 26-year-old Zaid Saleem, who mans a stall in
>> a Baghdad market. ???But they are the worst in rebuilding.???
>> ???The credit card war???The Iraq war, says economist Joseph Stiglitz, is
>> ???the first U.S. war financed entirely on credit.??? When the war
>> started, the Bush administration said it would cost no more than $60
>> billion. But the U.S. budget was already in deficit, so the
>> administration had to borrow money to finance the invasion. About 40
>> percent of the money was borrowed from China and other international
>> investors???the first time since the Revolutionary War that foreigners
>> financed a U.S. war. At the same time, the administration and Congress
>> lowered taxes instead of raising them, as is customary in wartime. The
>> Federal Reserve kept interest rates low, which encouraged middle-class
>> Americans to go on a consumption binge financed by credit cards and
>> home-equity loans. Today, say Stiglitz and other economists, the bills
>> for the country???s spending spree are starting to come due, in the form
>> of higher prices, a weakened dollar, and lower living standards.
>> ???There???s no such thing as a free war,??? Stiglitz said. ???The U.S.???and
>> the world???will be paying the price for decades to come.???

Trillions wasted...Republican bush.jr LIED!

Bret Cahill

> >> yes it was bushes fault and it still is: The Iraq war says economist
> >> Joseph Stiglitz, is the first U.S. war financed entirely on
> >> credit:There’s no such thing as a free war Stiglitz said. The U.S.,
> >> the world will be paying the price for decades to come

.. . .

> >> The
> >> Federal Reserve kept interest rates low, which encouraged middle-class
> >> Americans to go on a consumption binge financed by credit cards and
> >> home-equity loans. Today, say Stiglitz and other economists, the bills
> >> for the country’s spending spree are starting to come due, in the form
> >> of higher prices, a weakened dollar, and lower living standards.
> >> “There’s no such thing as a free war,” Stiglitz said. “The U.S..—and
> >> the world—will be paying the price for decades to come.”
>
> Trillions wasted...Republican bush.jr LIED!

Here's the legacy of the legacy media:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPKKQnijnsM&featur...

Bret Cahill

Elvia Shapiro

An ultra-left LOSER. Like most socially misfit DemocRATs, Bret lives
alone in a one-room apartment:

Bret E. Cahill (56+)
649 Main St, Apt 226
Brawley, CA 92227

Bret tried to sue the gov't and got stomped on like an insect. Ever
since that crushing humiliation he has hated himself, everybody else,
and America.

BRET E. CAHILL, PETITIONER
v.
UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, ET AL....
CONCLUSION
The petition for a writ of certiorari should be denied.
http://www.justice.gov/osg/briefs/1995/w9...

Note that when you reply to a Proven Liar you encourage them to
continue lying.

[][][][][][]
The DemocRAT Hall Of Shame http://www.democrathallof... asks
"Why do you always LIE?"

[Courtesy of Buster Norris]

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 21:32:34 -0800 (PST), Bret Cahill
<BretCahill@peoplepc.com> wrote:>Re: Should Gun Grabbers Have Grabbed
Adam's Guns?>? ? ?LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Adam didn't own any
firearms, they were legally purchased by his Mother.
Posted from:
The DemocRATs Hall of Shame!
http://www.democrathallof...

P Chadwick Mcgowan

Sid is considered less of a liar and more of a senile idiot, possibly
an actual retard under medical supervision. Sid'sd lies are mostly
intended to get attention because he is a desperately lonely old fool
nearing the end of a generally failed life. Note that when you reply

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 16:13:12 -0400, "Sid9" <sid9@belsouth.net> wrote:
>"Doorman" <twodogmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Imagine that. Hard work, an education, and a little luck and you too
>> can be in the top 10%. Remember, there is no air in the middle class.
>> There are only two types that can afford to be liberal. Too poor to
>> pay your own way, and rich enough that having 50% confiscated does not
>> make you poor.
>You need to pick your parents correctly or your chances have become very
>slim since Reagan.
>Very slim indeed!

LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Millionaires became millionaires by budgeting and controlling
expenses, and they maintain their affluent status the same way; for
example, 60 percent have never spent more than "32,000 for a car.

- Much of the money they save goes to investing; the average
millionaire household invests up to 20 percent of its income annually.
- Contrary to popular belief, most millionaires are not bankers,
attorneys or corporate managers; most typically are locally-based
professionals such as welding contractors, auctioneers, pest
controllers and paving contractors.

-Eighty percent of millionaires are first-generation millionaires.
http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Artic...

Among the top 5 percent of households ranked by wealth, only 8 percent
of their wealth came from inheritances.
http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Artic...

- The top 1 percent of taxpayers, those who earn above "388,806, paid
40 percent of all income taxes in 2006, the highest share in at least
40 years.

- The top 10 percent in income, those earning more than "108,904, paid
71 percent.

- The top 50 percent in income paid 97.1 percent.

- Americans with an income below the median paid a record low 2.9
percent of all income taxes.
http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Articl...

The richest 1% paid 39% of the income taxes, up from 37% in 2000.
The richest 5% paid 60% of the income taxes, up from 56% in 2000.
The bottom 50% paid 3% of income taxes.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20071217112...

For Tax Year 2006
(AGI, Adjusted Gross Income)