Re: Scalablity question (Stand-alone server

Stephen Waits

Thanks for your message about Ruby on Rails. I think you'll find
that you're likely to get a quicker and more accurate response to
your message on the Ruby on Rails specific mailing list.

For subscription and posting information, please visit the Rails
mailing list page at:

http://lists.rubyonrails.org/mailman/list...

Sincerely,
Steve

4 Answers

khaines

Stephen Waits

khaines@enigo.com wrote:

> Are these generated automatically to any post that mentions Ruby on Rails?

Absolutely not.

> If they are, would it not serve the purpose better to send a private
> message to the original poster to recruit them to the RoR mailing list?

Absolutely not. There are an awful lot of lurkers who might benefit
from public posting.

> I get really tired of opening an email to the list to see this, over and
> over again, especially when some of the threads, despite mentioning RoR
> in it somewhere, really are more general than that and are probably
> better served in a the generalized forum of this list.

I send the message out, rather infrequently actually, specifically to
threads that are exclusively questions about RoR.

If a thread has a more general topic, I don't send out the suggestion.

I'm sorry you get tired of reading it. I get really tired of RoR
questions. And, historically, before a few of us started doing this,
the RoR infestation on this list was really bad. Today it's quite low.

If my infrequent messages to the list do continue to bother you, please
consider adding me to your killfile.

--Steve

khaines

Stephen Waits

khaines@enigo.com wrote:

> To me, it's a win-win scenario there. :)

I agree. If there were such a regular monthly posting, I'd gladly take
my friendly reminders private.

Perhaps JEG can chime in on the possibility of adding such functionality
to the gateway system? Not sure if it's the right place, but seems like
the code is all there anyway.

If not, I'm sure we can find somewhere to set such a thing up.

--Steve