Accessing Instance Variables from file

Mark cheng

7/11/2006 1:54:00 PM

How do I access all of the instance variables from a ruby file that has
classes in if I do know the class names, but I can store the class names
as class-type objects? Object.instance_variables only applies to various
methods (i tried on irb) and I cannot store method names as methods
types because that is not an object type. I was wondering if there was a
library to perform this function or should I just write my own to add to
the module class?

Logan Capaldo

On Jul 11, 2006, at 9:53 AM, Mark cheng wrote:

> How do I access all of the instance variables from a ruby file that
> has
> classes in if I do know the class names, but I can store the class
> names
> as class-type objects? Object.instance_variables only applies to
> various
> methods (i tried on irb) and I cannot store method names as methods
> types because that is not an object type. I was wondering if there
> was a
> library to perform this function or should I just write my own to
> add to
> the module class?

Huh? What do you want exactly?