Fault Tolerant TupleSpace?

Don Stocks

7/10/2006 4:57:00 PM

Can a TupleSpace be mirrored to a secondary server in way that the
clients accessing it can fail over to it in the event of a server
failure?

I understand that a TupleSpace can provide fault tolerance, I just can't
find any documentation to that fact in the Ruby implementation.

Thanks!

Don

Eric Hodel

On Jul 10, 2006, at 9:57 AM, Don Stocks wrote:

> Can a TupleSpace be mirrored to a secondary server in way that the
> clients accessing it can fail over to it in the event of a server
> failure?
>
> I understand that a TupleSpace can provide fault tolerance, I just
> can't
> find any documentation to that fact in the Ruby implementation.

Here's a start:

http://blog.se.../articles/2006/04/29/tuplespace-...

This just creates a slave, you'd have to add the switching logic and
re-master stuff yourself. I don't know what'll happen if you add
tuples with expiry times or renewers, buyer beware.

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://blog.se...

http://trackmap.rob...

Don Stocks

Eric Hodel wrote:
> Here's a start:
>
> http://blog.segment7.net/articles/2006/04/29/tuplespace-...
>
> This just creates a slave, you'd have to add the switching logic and
> re-master stuff yourself. I don't know what'll happen if you add
> tuples with expiry times or renewers, buyer beware.

Thanks Eric! I'll have a look-see. Hopefully I'm not getting in over my
head. ;)

- Don