Re: XML in ruby

Pedro Côrte-Real

7/10/2006 4:39:00 PM

On 6/29/06, Pedro Côrte-Real <pedrocr@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 6/29/06, Mark Van Holstyn <mvette13@gmail.com> wrote:
> > My co-workers and I recently converted a bunch of rexml code to libxml. The
> > speed increase was dramatic ( 100-1000 times faster ). We have not run into
> > any stability issues. We use libxml to read, search, delete/change nodes and
> > values, and write out new files, all with no issues. What kind of issues are
> > you hitting while using libxml?
>
> I did something as simple as:
>
> parser = XML::Parser.new
> parser.string = mydocstring
> doc = parser.parse

I was able to use it for a while but it seems it suffers from race
conditions. I got this today:

/imports/../config/../app/models/xmldoc.rb:20: [BUG] rb_gc_mark():
unknown data type 0x38(0x8bbb4c8) non object
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i486-linux]

The mailing list seems dead as well. I'm going to try to use teius.

Pedro.