Re: debugging proposal

Ryan Davis

7/7/2006 5:36:00 PM

On Jul 6, 2006, at 4:43 PM, Eric Hodel wrote:

> Ryan Davis and Doug Beaver experimented with converting debug.rb to
> use event_hook via RubyInline, I don't know how far they got.

It is fully working and in ZenHacks. I might port it over to
EventHook (also in ZenHacks--it simply wraps up the underlying
mechanism and calls back into ruby) which will make it smaller and
more readable w/o sacrificing much speed.

--
_why: zenspider's most intense moments of solice are immediately
following the slaughter [...]

2 Answers

Kenosis

Just installed zenhacks and got the following test errors. Should I be
concerned?

Ken

503-> sudo gem install ZenHacks
Password:
Attempting local installation of 'ZenHacks'
Local gem file not found: ZenHacks*.gem
Attempting remote installation of 'ZenHacks'
Updating Gem source index for: http://... orge.org
Install required dependency RubyInline? [Yn] Y
Install required dependency ParseTree? [Yn] Y
Install required dependency RubyToC? [Yn] Y
Successfully installed ZenHacks-1.0.1
Successfully installed RubyInline-3.5.0
Successfully installed ParseTree-1.4.1
Successfully installed RubyToC-1.0.0.5
Installing RDoc documentation for ParseTree-1.4.1...

test/test_parse_tree.rb:190:38: ':' not followed by identified or
operator
Installing RDoc documentation for RubyToC-1.0.0.5...

lib/ruby_to_ansi_c.rb:265:48: ':' not followed by identified or
operator

On Jul 7, 2006, at 1:20 PM, Kenosis wrote:

> Just installed zenhacks and got the following test errors. Should
> I be
> concerned?

> 503-> sudo gem install ZenHacks
> [...]
> Installing RDoc documentation for ParseTree-1.4.1...
>
> test/test_parse_tree.rb:190:38: ':' not followed by identified or
> operator
> Installing RDoc documentation for RubyToC-1.0.0.5...
>
> lib/ruby_to_ansi_c.rb:265:48: ':' not followed by identified or
> operator

These are pretty clearly not test errors.