Ruby Compiler(s) and

forrie

7/7/2006 2:35:00 PM

This topic has been discussed before on this list, however the replies
are disabled (age).

New to Ruby, I am curious whether future versions of the language may
support storing byte-compiled versions of code, similar to Python.

filename.rb
filename.rbc

I wonder what implications this may have in an Enterprise situation
where the application needs to scale and perform better (a la
mod_ruby). PHP has applications like phpaccelerator that stores
byte-compiled code, for example.

Thanks.

4 Answers

Austin Ziegler

On 7/7/06, forrie@gmail.com <forrie@gmail.com> wrote:
> New to Ruby, I am curious whether future versions of the language may
> support storing byte-compiled versions of code, similar to Python.
>
> filename.rb
> filename.rbc
>
> I wonder what implications this may have in an Enterprise situation
> where the application needs to scale and perform better (a la
> mod_ruby). PHP has applications like phpaccelerator that stores
> byte-compiled code, for example.

Do a google search for YARV.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * http://www.halo...
* austin@halostatue.ca * http://www.halo...feed/

TheZ

Look into it you need help

"Student" <student@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Delusions of grandeur is a mental illness.
>
> Student

Ala

"Student" <student@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Delusions of grandeur is a mental illness.

Yeah, I know.

last_permutation

On Jan 8, 1:59 pm, "Jude Alexander" <Jude@de_swamp.net> wrote:
> Student wrote:
> >> Delusions of grandeur is a mental illness.
>
> >> Student
>
> The only delusions are in you that listing many of the contribution Jews
> have given is considered a mental illness.  There were no lies in the video
> so who has a mental defect?  Who can't face the truth that Jews, like all
> other people, do good and bad.

He was referring to the always hated ZioNazi state of Israel, bimbo.