End of Ruby ??

dave

6/28/2006 12:43:00 PM

I attempted to download Ruby for my computer. It had been reformated so that
I lost my old Ruby. But the one click down load site appeared only in
Korean. Nothing I could do would change it to English. So how can I get Ruby
now? My computer is windows xp professional Korean version. ( I am working
in Korea ). This has not caused problems in the past, but now Ruby forge
interface has decided that it knows what is best and will feed me Korean
with no options. Is this the end of Ruby, at least for me? Any advice
please?

Regards
David Milne

3 Answers

Jeff Schwab

dave wrote:
> I attempted to download Ruby for my computer. It had been reformated so that
> I lost my old Ruby. But the one click down load site appeared only in
> Korean. Nothing I could do would change it to English. So how can I get Ruby
> now? My computer is windows xp professional Korean version. ( I am working
> in Korea ). This has not caused problems in the past, but now Ruby forge
> interface has decided that it knows what is best and will feed me Korean
> with no options. Is this the end of Ruby, at least for me? Any advice
> please?

Does this link get you anywhere?

http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/2407/ruby...

dave

"Jeffrey Schwab" <jeff@schwabcenter.com> wrote in message
> dave wrote:
>> I attempted to download Ruby for my computer. It had been reformated so
>> that I lost my old Ruby. But the one click down load site appeared only
>> in Korean. Nothing I could do would change it to English. So how can I
>> get Ruby now? My computer is windows xp professional Korean version. ( I
>> am working in Korea ). This has not caused problems in the past, but now
>> Ruby forge interface has decided that it knows what is best and will feed
>> me Korean with no options. Is this the end of Ruby, at least for me? Any
>> advice please?
>
> Does this link get you anywhere?
>
> http://rubyforge.org/frs/download.php/2407/ruby...

Yes it did, thanks for your prompt advice. However, I had just stumbled over
O'REILLY CodeZoo at
http://ruby.codezoo.com...
which had version 15 which I installed succesfully.
But thanks for your concern :-)

Jeff Schwab

dave wrote:

> O'REILLY CodeZoo at
> http://ruby.codezoo.com...

Thanks, I didn't know about CodeZoo; it looks like something I'll be
using a lot. :) It's nice to see that Ruby is one of the three
languages covered.