Rails + J2EE?

(Tim Smith)

I have an application with significant business logic in a middle tier
which provides EJB services to clients.

I would love to use Rails to add a web front end to complement the
swing application.

Can I assume I would have to use web services to get the two
communicating?

I guess I would lose the joy of activerecord and some database
functionality - perhaps it would still be worth it though - depending
on whether it is a bear to connect Ruby to the application server...

thanks

Tim

1 Answer

senthil.nayagam@gmail.com

Hi Tim,

there are many possibilites, here is one

run your regular site on rails using mongrel via proxy

create webservices on J2EE and consume it in rails, for portions of the
site which require you middle tier functionality

this way you can run both j2ee and rails together, and migrate without
breakage of the services(or continuity in Enterprise parlance)

regards
A.Senthil Nayagam
http://senthiln...