Object / XML Mapper (OXM?

List Recv

6/26/2006 3:47:00 AM

I'm looking for a way, given a complex set of XML schema, to easily
have Ruby objects. Sort of like ActiveRecord, except for XML, not SQL.
(An example of this using a generator is:
http://www.altova.com/features...).

Any ideas?

2 Answers

Bob Hutchison

On 2006-06-25 23:46:52 -0400, listrecv@gmail.com said:

> I'm looking for a way, given a complex set of XML schema, to easily
> have Ruby objects. Sort of like ActiveRecord, except for XML, not SQL.
> (An example of this using a generator is:
> http://www.altova.com/features...).
>
> Any ideas?

Well, you could try xampl <http://rubyforge.org/projects/.... It is
something that I've written. It is based on example documents not
schemas. There are some (poorly formatted) articles about it here:
<http://recursive.ca/hutch/index.php?....

Cheers,
Bob

--
Bob Hutchison -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/...
Recursive Design Inc. -- <http://www.recursi...

Trans

listrecv@gmail.com wrote:
> I'm looking for a way, given a complex set of XML schema, to easily
> have Ruby objects. Sort of like ActiveRecord, except for XML, not SQL.
> (An example of this using a generator is:
> http://www.altova.com/features...).
>
> Any ideas?

I though there was a to_xml method in Ruby already? hmm.. try 'soap'.

T.