templating systems

projecktzero

I'm new to Ruby. Is there any templating systems in Ruby like the Perl
template toolkit or Python's Cheetah?

2 Answers

Tim Hoolihan

erb is include in Ruby. erb is covered in the new version of
Porgramming Ruby.

eruby is covered in the first version and so it can be found online:
http://www.rubycentral.com/boo...

projecktzero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Ruby. Is there any templating systems in Ruby like the Perl
> template toolkit or Python's Cheetah?

Trans

projecktzero wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Ruby. Is there any templating systems in Ruby like the Perl
> template toolkit or Python's Cheetah?

eruby is the most common as it is one of the first and comes with Ruby.
Rails apps use it. There are also plenty of others. Amrita is very nice
one for instance. And Facets include a TAL (tag attribute language) in
rtals.rb. I beleive Kwartz is another that's maintained, and the list
goes on. I think somewhere there's even an attempt at an emulation of
Perl's template toolkit. No idea about Cheetah.

T.