Ruby LiveCD

Brandon Hines

6/19/2006 4:56:00 PM

Does anyone know what happened to this project? I will happily buy a
domain and pay for hosting to help support this project.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_thread/thread/58495dc269236866/a6bdeb81816e878f?q=liveCD&rnum=1#a6bdeb...

2 Answers

Brandon Hines

Oooh....check this...

There has been tremendous progress on this project over the past few
weeks. I'm mastering what will likely be the next to last release
before RailsConf tonight for another round of QA before the initial
release. This latest build offers most of what an average Rails
developer needs right out of the box! That includes:

* Ruby 1.8.4
* Rails 1.1.2
* Capistrano 1.1.0
* Mongrel 0.3.13
* Rake 0.7.1
* Subversion
* MySQL 4.1.12
* MySQL Administrator
* RadRails
* KDevelop
* Kate
* and many many others!

There are a ton of things we haven't finished or even started yet, but
I think we're off to a great start.

http://www.brianketelsen.com/articles/2006/06/20/progress-isnt-just-for-breakfa...

senthil.nayagam@gmail.com

project sounds great, but where will you store your projects

on remote servers?

I built "rails appliance", something very similar but runs usng vmware
player

you can check that our on
http://www.railsapp...

regards