Mixing of debugging and irb?

michael.lesniak@gmail.com

6/18/2006 3:56:00 PM

Hello,

I have a (stupid?) question. I have a class which I'd like to debug
with the builtin ruby-debugger. When I fire up the ruby-debugger I'd
like to be able to evaluate the whole class and generate instances
afterwards. The problem: When i use c(ontinue), the debugger is exiting
after evaluation.

Any ideas how to enter code after file evaluation (except writing it
into the file itself which would be more or less non-dynamical
debugging)?

Thanks
Michael

1 Answer

Florian Groß

Michael Lesniak wrote:

> Any ideas how to enter code after file evaluation (except writing it
> into the file itself which would be more or less non-dynamical
> debugging)?

I'm not sure if I'm understanding you correctly, but you might want to
have a look at ruby-breakpoint which will spawn an IRB shell wherever
you need it. It's homepage is at http://ruby-breakpoint.ruby...