rails speaking german

Jonathan Heinen

6/18/2006 3:11:00 PM

Hi everyone,

i from germany and i'm coding pages in germman using ruby. I will use
the ror function but i like RoR to "speak" German i.e that the names of
the month will be shown in german or the validation messages.

Is there any possibility to change that?

Jonathan
4 Answers

Rasmus Debitsch

The book "Rapid Web Development mit Ruby on Rails" has a chapter about
I18N/L10N. Perhaps you can find some ideas there.

Rasmus

"Jonathan Heinen" <Jonathan.Heinen@rwth-aachen.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi everyone,
>
> i from germany and i'm coding pages in germman using ruby. I will use the
> ror function but i like RoR to "speak" German i.e that the names of the
> month will be shown in german or the validation messages.
>
> Is there any possibility to change that?
>
> Jonathan

Jonathan Heinen

Rasmus Debitsch schrieb:
> The book "Rapid Web Development mit Ruby on Rails" has a chapter about
> I18N/L10N. Perhaps you can find some ideas there.

It seems that I have to buy that book. I went to the book store to buy
it but i bought "Agile Webentwicklung mit Rails" by Dave Thomas and
David Heinemeier Hansson. I think it was an error =) But I was confused
because I thought that i read that there is only one book in german
abaut Rails maybe they sad that there is only one books writen by germans =)

Jonathan

Rasmus Debitsch

Buying book is never a mistake. You may take a look at the website of the
other book: http://www.rapidwebdeve....

> Rasmus Debitsch schrieb:
>> The book "Rapid Web Development mit Ruby on Rails" has a chapter about
>> I18N/L10N. Perhaps you can find some ideas there.
>
> It seems that I have to buy that book. I went to the book store to buy it
> but i bought "Agile Webentwicklung mit Rails" by Dave Thomas and David
> Heinemeier Hansson. I think it was an error =) But I was confused because
> I thought that i read that there is only one book in german abaut Rails
> maybe they sad that there is only one books writen by germans =)
>
> Jonathan

Michael Perle

Jonathan Heinen wrote:
> Rasmus Debitsch schrieb:
>
>> The book "Rapid Web Development mit Ruby on Rails" has a chapter about
>> I18N/L10N. Perhaps you can find some ideas there.
>

> It seems that I have to buy that book. I went to the book store to buy
> it but i bought "Agile Webentwicklung mit Rails" by Dave Thomas and
> David Heinemeier Hansson.

That is the German translation of the Pragmatic Programmer's
Ruby on Rails book, where at least the English version is an
excellent book. No reason to regrent any single Euro.

MP