Using databses with html

chrisdude911

6/17/2006 9:03:00 PM

Hey,
how do i use databases with html, like to add a page (the database) to
my current project?
Thanks
Chris

7 Answers

Edward Garson

> how do i use databases with html

Your question is not clear enough. Is this a rails application?

> like to add a page (the database) to my current project?

A database is something that holds structured information, what do you
mean by page?

chrisdude911 wrote:
> Hey,
> how do i use databases with html, like to add a page (the database) to
> my current project?
> Thanks
> Chris

chrisdude911

you know the page with the place where you can see the posts (in my
cases) and create them (in internet explorer). How do i add that page
to a .html page (a hyperlink)?
Thanks
Chris
Edward Garson wrote:

> > how do i use databases with html
>
> Your question is not clear enough. Is this a rails application?
>
> > like to add a page (the database) to my current project?
>
> A database is something that holds structured information, what do you
> mean by page?
>
> chrisdude911 wrote:
> > Hey,
> > how do i use databases with html, like to add a page (the database) to
> > my current project?
> > Thanks
> > Chris

zycte

With all the respect, but your questions are like a quizz: guess what I
want to do and tell me how to. Ask specific questions and you will get
specific answers.

On 2006-06-18 18:58:05 +0200, "chrisdude911" <chriswillis10@gmail.com> said:

> you know the page with the place where you can see the posts (in my
> cases) and create them (in internet explorer). How do i add that page
> to a .html page (a hyperlink)?
> Thanks
> Chris
> Edward Garson wrote:
>
>>> how do i use databases with html
>>
>> Your question is not clear enough. Is this a rails application?
>>
>>> like to add a page (the database) to my current project?
>>
>> A database is something that holds structured information, what do you
>> mean by page?
>>
>> chrisdude911 wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>> how do i use databases with html, like to add a page (the database) to
>>> my current project?
>>> Thanks
>>> Chris

Martin DeMello

chrisdude911 <chriswillis10@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
> how do i use databases with html, like to add a page (the database) to
> my current project?

If what you mean is you want a quick and easy way to dump a database to
an html page as a table, with links to edit each row, check out rails
and its scaffolding feature.

martin

chrisdude911

sorry,
what i mean is,
i have one html/css/javascript project.
i have another rubby on rails project,
how do i get a hyperlink from the ruby on rails app to the
Martin DeMello wrote:

> chrisdude911 <chriswillis10@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey,
> > how do i use databases with html, like to add a page (the database) to
> > my current project?
>
> If what you mean is you want a quick and easy way to dump a database to
> an html page as a table, with links to edit each row, check out rails
> and its scaffolding feature.
>
> martin

zycte

Normally, you just put the link in your erb view, i.e. <a
href="http://mydomain.com/my_pretty_html_project.html&...

If you want to embed the html project in your rails application (and
deploy it with your rails app as a statical part), you need to put it
in the "public" directory of your rails. You can then link to it from
your rails app as <a href="/my_static_page.html"/>

On 2006-06-23 20:12:00 +0200, "chrisdude911" <chriswillis10@gmail.com> said:

> sorry,
> what i mean is,
> i have one html/css/javascript project.
> i have another rubby on rails project,
> how do i get a hyperlink from the ruby on rails app to the
> html/css/javascript project?
> Thanks
> Chris
> Martin DeMello wrote:
>
>> chrisdude911 <chriswillis10@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hey,
>>> how do i use databases with html, like to add a page (the database) to
>>> my current project?
>>
>> If what you mean is you want a quick and easy way to dump a database to
>> an html page as a table, with links to edit each row, check out rails
>> and its scaffolding feature.
>>
>> martin

chrisdude911

thanks dude,