Ruby Beach group in Miami/Fort Lauderdale

Martin Nemzow

6/15/2006 10:09:00 PM

Miami and Fort Lauderdale people? See the user group listing and let me know
how we can meet, learn, swap.

3 Answers

Armando

Hi Martin

I saw your post via the Ruby Weekly News. I am glad to see more
interest about Ruby in South Florida. I started a yahoo group
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RubyR...) a while ago with the
intent to focus on Rails as well as Ruby. We have a meeting scheduled
for July 1st at the Panera on Weston.

Please feel free to use that group to further advance our interest in
all things Ruby.

Regards,
Armando Flores
aflores57@yahoo.com

Martin Nemzow wrote:
> Miami and Fort Lauderdale people? See the user group listing and let me know
> how we can meet, learn, swap.

onceuponapriori

Greetings.

Martin,

A monthly Ruby Meetup was started a couple months ago in Fort
Lauderdale. I attended the most recent meeting (a few days ago), and
had a great time.

You can join us here: http://ruby.meet... .

Armando,

Maybe we should discuss fusing the groups? The organizer of ours is
Chris Saylor of Steelpixel and the Web 2.0 podcast. I think you can
contact him through the meetup.com interface.

I'm so excited to finally have somewhere to talk IRL about ruby.

Thanks,
Jared Nuzzolillo

Armando wrote:
> Hi Martin
>
> I saw your post via the Ruby Weekly News. I am glad to see more
> interest about Ruby in South Florida. I started a yahoo group
> (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RubyR...) a while ago with the
> intent to focus on Rails as well as Ruby. We have a meeting scheduled
> for July 1st at the Panera on Weston.
>
> Please feel free to use that group to further advance our interest in
> all things Ruby.
>
> Regards,
> Armando Flores
> aflores57@yahoo.com
>

> Martin Nemzow wrote:
> > Miami and Fort Lauderdale people? See the user group listing and let me know
> > how we can meet, learn, swap.

xmlblog

Nice to see fellow Rubyists in South Florida. The MarkaBoo.com team is
also based in Ft. Lauderdale and we've got a couple of guys that are
definitely interested in growing the SoFla Ruby community. Where are
the SteelPixel guys located?