Create a directory

arose

6/10/2006 6:49:00 PM

What would the code be to create a directory?

I've tried Dir::new and Dir::open and googling around, but not finding
it.

5 Answers

arose

arose wrote:
> What would the code be to create a directory?
>
> I've tried Dir::new and Dir::open and googling around, but not finding
> it.

Let me elaborate

Dir::new("test")

gives me a message that no such directory exists. I know that, that is
why I'm making it. What am i missing here?

arose

arose wrote:
> arose wrote:
> > What would the code be to create a directory?
> >
> > I've tried Dir::new and Dir::open and googling around, but not finding
> > it.
>
> Let me elaborate
>
> Dir::new("test")
>
> gives me a message that no such directory exists. I know that, that is
> why I'm making it. What am i missing here?

nevermind i need

Dir::mkdir("test")

Drew

arose wrote:
> What would the code be to create a directory?
>
> I've tried Dir::new and Dir::open and googling around, but not finding
> it.

Dir::mkdir

Here's the rest of the class:
http://www.rubycentral.com/book/ref_...

Martin DeMello

arose <arosel@ercot.com> wrote:

> arose wrote:
> > What would the code be to create a directory?
> >
> > I've tried Dir::new and Dir::open and googling around, but not finding
> > it.
>
> Let me elaborate
>
> Dir::new("test")
>
> gives me a message that no such directory exists. I know that, that is
> why I'm making it. What am i missing here?

Just to clarify this, Dir::new makes a new ruby Dir object that wraps
access to an exsting filesystem directory. Dir::mkdir wraps the actual
filesystem 'create directory' call.

martin

feministe

<catsceo@gmail.com> a ?crit dans le message de
On Mar 13, 4:36 am, "feministe" <femini...@free.fr> wrote:
> How are the ARS stats since anonymoious has started its activities?
>
> I'd say that the activists have more than doubled.

No, They're OVER 9000!!

I meant, those active on ARS. Those are not over 9000; you must be speaking
of those picketing ?