finding experienced ruby developers in NYC area

jean

5/24/2006 4:35:00 PM

I need the group's assistance. I am trying to fill a client
requirement for a ruby developer in NYC area. I have posted on
jobs.rubynow.com. I have searched the web.

I actually filled one position with someone I had worked with for years
because I remember him telling me how great Ruby was. As he is a
senior smalltalker, I thought that was high praise indeed.

I have worked with smalltalkers for 8 years. And if I thought they
were rare animals -- it looks like ruby developers are even rarer!

Am I just looking in the wrong place? Please help me fill this
requirement. Any and all comments most appreciated.

Thank you,
jean emerson
ksc

3 Answers

Francis Hwang

Jean,

We've got a very active Ruby & Rails user group here in NYC. If you're
hiring, please look at
http://nycruby.com/wiki/pages/Hiring+in+New... .

I should warn you that, yes, a number of employers & recruiters have
been having a hard time finding available Ruby & Rails programmers in
the area. There are a number of efforts to alleviate this problem but
it won't be fixed for at least the next few months ...

Francis Hwang
http://f...

jean wrote:
> I need the group's assistance. I am trying to fill a client
> requirement for a ruby developer in NYC area. I have posted on
> jobs.rubynow.com. I have searched the web.
>
> I actually filled one position with someone I had worked with for years
> because I remember him telling me how great Ruby was. As he is a
> senior smalltalker, I thought that was high praise indeed.
>
> I have worked with smalltalkers for 8 years. And if I thought they
> were rare animals -- it looks like ruby developers are even rarer!
>
> Am I just looking in the wrong place? Please help me fill this
> requirement. Any and all comments most appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> jean emerson
> ksc

jean

Francis, thank you for your assistance. I have followed your advice.
Hopefully, I will find what I need for my client.
- jean emerson
ksc

jean

Thank you, group. We have found what we need and my client is happy.

Sincerely, Jean Emerson
ksc