Getting updated window size in Curses

Hai-Etlik Dragon

5/23/2006 6:15:00 AM

I'm trying to write a SIGWINCH handler for an app using the Curses
bindings in the std lib. I catch SIGWINCH just fine, but Curses::cols,
Curses::lines, Curses.stdscr.maxx, and Curses.stdscr.maxy don't update.

I have three subwindows of stdscr stacked vertically that I need
to update the size and positions of, along with updating their content.

This is a learning experience, both for Ruby and for Curses so I may be
missing something somewhat obvious.

If anyone's curious, My goal is a MUD client modelled on TinyFugue but
with Ruby in place of TF's macro expansion language.

Thanks.