Losing Styles in Rails

slunky

5/20/2006 5:31:00 PM

I'm still relatively new to rails. I'm trying to use it to create a
static site for now, using it mainly as a template engine and then
expanding it as I learn. Everything works fine up to www.example.com/foo
as far as my css stylesheet goes, but say I want to access a page at
www.example.com/foo/bar or I want to access the same page at
www.example.com/foo/index I lose my stylesheet. Anyone know how I can
fix this? I'm stumped right now.

--
-slunky
2 Answers

slunky

_/ slunky wrote \_
> I'm still relatively new to rails. I'm trying to use it to create a
> static site for now, using it mainly as a template engine and then
> expanding it as I learn. Everything works fine up to www.example.com/foo
> as far as my css stylesheet goes, but say I want to access a page at
> www.example.com/foo/bar or I want to access the same page at
> www.example.com/foo/index I lose my stylesheet. Anyone know how I can
> fix this? I'm stumped right now.

To elaborate a little more, My stylesheet is placed in
public/stylesheets/ I'm running Apache and FastCGI on FreeBSD and the
latest version of Ruby on Rails. Sorry if I should know this. I'm about
half way through Agile Development with Rails and it hasn't mentioned
anything like this.

--
-slunky

slunky

Nevermind everyone. I found the problem. I didn't know about
stylesheet_link_tag.

--
-slunky