Multi platform UI library ?

user@domain.invalid

5/18/2006 8:26:00 AM

Hello, one month ago, when digging into the ruby directories of my
laptop (under win 2000) I found several (+- 30) source samples
demonstrating the usage of a UI library that I can't remember the name.

In the meantime I've reinstalled the OS and now I can't find these files
again in the ruby hierarchy...

What was this library ? Or : what is the easiest to use and deploy UI
multiplatform library ?

Thanks
4 Answers

Tim Hunter

You're probably thinking of Ruby Tk:
http://www.rubycentral.com/book/e...

user@domain.invalid

rmagick@gmail.com a écrit :
> You're probably thinking of Ruby Tk:
> http://www.rubycentral.com/book/e...

Ho yes, you're right ! Thanks

Chris Hulan

Note that one of the reasons those examples have disappeared is that
TCL/Tk is no longer being distributed with Ruby. You have to Install
it yourself (ActiveState seems to be the popular source)

user@domain.invalid

ChrisH a écrit :
> Note that one of the reasons those examples have disappeared is that
> TCL/Tk is no longer being distributed with Ruby. You have to Install
> it yourself (ActiveState seems to be the popular source)

I think I've switched from Ruby 1.8.2 to 1.8.4...