offline Ruby class and library reference from www.ruby-lang.org?

ngoc

5/11/2006 7:44:00 PM

Hi
I am not very often online. But I am a frequently user of Ruby class and
library reference. Is there any zip package for the whole reference that
I can download and use it offline?
Thanks
ngoc
4 Answers

Chris Hulan

ruby-doc.org has the goods, see
http://www.ruby-doc.org...

ngoc

ChrisH wrote:

> ruby-doc.org has the goods, see
> http://www.ruby-doc.org...

But none of links from http://www.ruby-doc.org... are as user
easily(friendly) as the one in "reference link" from www.ruby-lang.org.
I can see all in one page from the "reference link". The best one is
"The 1.8 Standard Library RDoc HTML" link. But it is still far in
convenience comparing to "reference link".

ngoc

ChrisH wrote:

> ruby-doc.org has the goods, see
> http://www.ruby-doc.org...

I have to thank you for your advice(suggestion) too. My previous post
sound like from a thankless person.

Chris Hulan

I'll admit the RDoc format takes a bit of getting used to...but the
benefit is it is generated from the source so is as up to date as can
be expected.
The ref from ruby-lang.org is (i believe) an extract from the first
addition Pickaxe book.
That whole book is a good reference, but is getting dated.

This site (http://phrogz.net/Progra...) is a nice presentation
of that book, along with a wiki-based notes section that has some more
up-to-date info. The whole site can be downloaded for access off line
(http://phrogz.net/Progra...ProgrammingRuby_20040507.tar.gz)

Cheers