Ruby Gui lib and document?

uncutstone

5/10/2006 9:18:00 AM

I want to develope some GUI on Windows using ruby.
Would somebody recommend some toolkits or libs and some document or
books for it?

Thanks in advance.

9 Answers

Alexander Fleck

the libs I recommend to use' re Tcl/Tk or FXRuby. I use the FXRuby lib which looks nicer than Tcl/Tk

Alex

uncutstone

Thanks

Bil Kleb

uncutstone wrote:
> I want to develope some GUI on Windows using ruby.
> Would somebody recommend some toolkits or libs and some document or
> books for it?

See also the Pragmatic Friday, /Rapid GUI Development with QtRuby/,

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.com/titles...

Regards,
--
Bil
http://fun3d.lar...

uncutstone

Thanks.

It seems only suitable for linux and OS X , not for windows.

uncutstone

Thanks.

It seems only suitable for linux and OS X , not for windows.

Mathieu Blondel

You should look at the archives of this mailing-list. Your question has
already been discussed several times and there were very interesting
discussions.

I would personally recommend Ruby/GNOME2. It is really mature and works
pretty well on Windows.

richard.j.dale@gmail.com

The Qt4 version of QtRuby works on Windows as well as Mac OS X and
Linux/BSD*. The port is still at an early stage though and there isn't
a binary gem yet (it isn't very easy to build on Windows), and there
are one or two bugs to sort out.

You can download QtRuby 1.4.5 from
http://rubyforge.org/projects... Follow the discussions on the
help forum, about how to build it on Windows.

-- Richard

uncutstone

Thanks, I will try it .

uncutstone