OT: options for newgroups, mailing lists, rss ?

Its Me

5/10/2006 6:02:00 AM

[I'm asking here only because lots of smart people seem to hang out here].

I'm on XP and suspect I am using seriously outdated means to deal with
newgroups, mailing lists. I use Outlook Express for most things. I get
overwhelmed by the volume of posts.

I typically want to track follow ups to my own posts, scan other stuff, have
certain people's posts highlighted somehow, etc.

Any pointers on smart ways to do this?

Any suggestions for a really good RSS reader for XP (don't mind paying)?
Would any of them also help with the above?

Sorry for being OT.

1 Answer

Bil Kleb

itsme213 wrote:

> Any pointers on smart ways to do this?

Try Thunderbird, it has a nice newsgroup interface.

Regards,
--
Bil
http://fun3d.lar...