looking for advanced ruby code

Markus Jais

5/9/2006 2:57:00 PM

hello

I am looking for advanced ruby code, especially with
all the meta programming and reflection stuff.
I am searching for something that is hardly (if at all) possible
with java and impossible with C++, but very easy with Ruby.

I've started looking at the ActiveRecord code witch is great.
any more hints where I can learn about this topic ?

open source code, books, articles.
everything is appreciated.

regards

Markus
2 Answers

Gene Tani

Markus Jais wrote:
> hello
>
> I am looking for advanced ruby code, especially with
> all the meta programming and reflection stuff.
> I am searching for something that is hardly (if at all) possible
> with java and impossible with C++, but very easy with Ruby.
>
> I've started looking at the ActiveRecord code witch is great.
> any more hints where I can learn about this topic ?
>
> open source code, books, articles.
> everything is appreciated.

besides the obvious Ruby Quiz and pickax, I googled for metaprogramming
and DSL. I think most of these blogs are linked in Redhanded's
blogroll:

http://chneukirchen.org/blog/archive/2005/11/dsls-for-tdd-an...

http://eigenclass.org/hiki.rb?ins...
http://www.rubyweeklynews.org/2006021...