mongrel does not allow to trap INT on Windows

aurelianito

I'm trying the camping web framework under windows with mongrel (with
ruby installed from One Click Ruby installer 16 for Ruby 1.8.4.). And
while I'm able to see the web pages in a browser I'm unable to shut it
down with CTRL-C. Do you know what is the problem?

Any responses will be highly appreciated,
Thank you,
Aureliano.

PS: Below is the code I use to run Mongrel:

require 'mongrel/camping'

Pru1::Models::Base.logger = Logger.new('camping.log')
handler = Mongrel::Camping::CampingHandler.new(Pru1)
server = Mongrel::HttpServer.new("127.0.0.1", "3000")
server.register("/", handler)
server.register("/favicon.ico", Mongrel::Error404Handler.new(""))
thread = server.run
puts "Mongrel started"
trap("INT") { server.stop }
thread.join

2 Answers

Tell it like it is.

On Oct 1, 10:03 am, Zev <zev_h...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 1, 4:47 pm, "Tell it like it is."
>

> <DanielAlbertDesfos...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Oct 1, 2:17 am, Zev <zev_h...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Nobody's compelled to do anything in the Usenet,
> > > but here he has an opportunity to
> > > present his argument, prove his case.
> > > He doesn't do it.
> > > The simplest explanation is that he can't, and he knows it.
> > > If that's the case, his behavior here could more easily
> > > be described as "obsessive compulsive" than drahcir's.

> > > My own approach to Hunter's posts is different.
> > > I avoid ad hominems like the plague.
> > > Usually the result is that after a few iterations, he runs away,
> > > only to return in the following weeks with the same claims
> > > he previously failed to defend successfully.
> > > I've wondered for a long time if ad hominems would save me time,
> > > at no cost in efficiency.
>
> > > BTW, Harold Black is even worse, I'm surprised you haven't noticed.- Hide quoted text -

> > Zev,
> >              I'm going to give you some good advice. There are things
> > more important to a man than obsessing over the cowardly opinions of
> > psychotics and ethnocentrics. Is that plain enough english? The Holy
> > Bible, written by Messianic Jews, says not every insult deserves a
> > response.-
>
> Messianic Jews?
> You're probably not talking about *my* Bible...- Hide quoted text -

Your Bible better be the first half of every Christian
Bible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I...

Zev

On Oct 1, 8:38 pm, "Tell it like it is."
<DanielAlbertDesfos...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Oct 1, 10:03 am, Zev <zev_h...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > On Oct 1, 4:47 pm, "Tell it like it is."
> > <DanielAlbertDesfos...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Zev,
> > >              I'm going to give you some good advice. There are things
> > > more important to a man than obsessing over the cowardly opinions of
> > > psychotics and ethnocentrics. Is that plain enough english? The Holy
> > > Bible, written by Messianic Jews, says not every insult deserves a
> > > response.-
>
> > Messianic Jews?
> > You're probably not talking about *my* Bible...- Hide quoted text -

>             Your Bible better be the first half of every Christian
> Bible.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I...

If you think a Youtube clip from Ralph Nadir's election campaign
of two years ago is related in some way to the comments above,
you really are certifiable.