Software QA - Ruby needed

Emma

4/28/2006 5:57:00 PM

Hello,
I am looking for a Software QA person with Ruby (Watir would be a
plus). I am finding however, that Ruby aficionados do not post
themselves on standard job boards like Monster or Careerbuilder. Do
you, or someone you know have Ruby and need a position in
Massachusetts? Please give me a call at the number below, any info you
may have, even on how to track down Ruby users, would be much
appreciated!
Thanks!

Emily McElfresh
Recruiter
Generation Technologies, Inc.
781-272-3008
emcelfresh@genp.com

5 Answers

Gene Tani

Emma wrote:
> Hello,
> I am looking for a Software QA person with Ruby (Watir would be a
> plus). I am finding however, that Ruby aficionados do not post
> themselves on standard job boards like Monster or Careerbuilder. Do
> you, or someone you know have Ruby and need a position in
> Massachusetts? Please give me a call at the number below, any info you
> may have, even on how to track down Ruby users, would be much
> appreciated!

did you try the local Users Groups?
http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?Ruby...

Emma

I tried that link, and I had seen that page before, but it always
brings me to a page of links for poker groups and miscellaneous other
groups that don't seem Ruby related...am I missing something?

Dave Burt

Emma wrote:
> I tried that link, and I had seen that page before, but it always
> brings me to a page of links for poker groups and miscellaneous other
> groups that don't seem Ruby related...am I missing something?

You're probably in the tar-pit (an anti-spam feature of the wiki). Try
logging in.

Cheers,
Dave

Emma

Thanks so much for the hint (I am obviously not a Rubyist - however I
am quickly becoming intruiged...). I will try to log in :)

Emma

That is a tricky move...nice name for it too (tar pit) since that is
exactly what it is!