iPython equivalent for ruby

wezzy

4/28/2006 3:00:00 PM

i think that ipython with autocompletion and some magic method is great
for playing with python. is there anything like that for ruby ?

thanks a lot

--
Ciao
Fabio

gabriele renzi

Wezzy ha scritto:
> i think that ipython with autocompletion and some magic method is great
> for playing with python. is there anything like that for ruby ?

irb has autocompletion, history, indentation and something else, what do
you want specifically?
Which kind of "magic methods"?

> thanks a lot

HTH

wezzy

gabriele renzi <surrender_itRemove@yahoo.it> wrote:

> irb has autocompletion, history, indentation and something else, what do
> you want specifically?

Uh probably i miss something ... i mean is there something like pressing
.. (dot) and tab and it list all methods available ?

Thanks a lot again
--
Ciao
Fabio

wezzy

Wezzy <wezzy@despammed.com> wrote:

> gabriele renzi <surrender_itRemove@yahoo.it> wrote:
>
> > irb has autocompletion, history, indentation and something else, what do
> > you want specifically?
>
> Uh probably i miss something ... i mean is there something like pressing
> . (dot) and tab and it list all methods available ?
>
> Thanks a lot again

After reading your post i've searched and found this :
<http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/TipsAndTricks/versi...

irb auto complete is disable on os x (ruby installed with fink) now it
works

--
Ciao
Fabio

gabriele renzi

Wezzy ha scritto:

> After reading your post i've searched and found this :
> <http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/TipsAndTricks/versi...
>
> irb auto complete is disable on os x (ruby installed with fink) now it
> works

ah, I'm sorry I didn't write a more useful post I'm glad to see you
found your way :)