Request for advice: Processing Credit Cards

Steve L

4/25/2006 7:07:00 PM

Hello,

I am creating a Ruby on Rails application that will have users paying a
monthly subscription fee. I would like my application to be able to accept
credit card statements and automatically bill them each month.

How would I go about doing this?

Do people recommend any third party pieces of software, or software
vendors?

Janak

2 Answers

Timothy Goddard

Credit card processing will usually be done using a web service. You
will need to look up the credit gateway's documentation to find the
API. I believe there is also a Paypal for ruby project you could
investigate.

mstuhler

I am confused, can you explain what Ruby on Rails is? While doing your
research...you can check out this sight www.e-mg.com. Select products
and take a look at the PC Charge and FirstPay. It may have what you
are looking for, if so...let me know.