Ruby Source Code for Study/Practice (Newbie

woodyee

4/24/2006 1:44:00 PM

Hi! I'm looking for source code to study or practice in Ruby. Can
anyone recommend some sites where I can find this? I'm currently
reading Pine's book and will move on to the Pick Axe book but I want
code to study and play with and projects to do/study. Thanks!

4 Answers

Dave Burt

woodyee wrote:
> Hi! I'm looking for source code to study or practice in Ruby. Can
> anyone recommend some sites where I can find this? I'm currently
> reading Pine's book and will move on to the Pick Axe book but I want
> code to study and play with and projects to do/study. Thanks!

This question has just been asked on ruby-talk. See:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/vframe.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/189993?189908-190047+split-mod...

Cheers,
Dave

James Herdman

The Ruby Quiz (http://www.rub...) is full of puzzles, their
solutions, and an analysis of the solutions. It's definitely worth
looking at.

James H.

woodyee

Dave Burt wrote:
> woodyee wrote:
> > Hi! I'm looking for source code to study or practice in Ruby. Can
> > anyone recommend some sites where I can find this? I'm currently
> > reading Pine's book and will move on to the Pick Axe book but I want
> > code to study and play with and projects to do/study. Thanks!
>
> This question has just been asked on ruby-talk. See:
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/vframe.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/189993?189908-190047+split-mod...
>
> Cheers,
> Dave

Hi! The link seems down and I can't get to the ruby-talk site. Can
anyone post the replies to that question from Ruby-Talk? Thanks!

Dave Burt

woodyee wrote:
> Dave Burt wrote:
>> woodyee wrote:
>>> Hi! I'm looking for source code to study or practice in Ruby. Can
>>> anyone recommend some sites where I can find this? I'm currently
>>> reading Pine's book and will move on to the Pick Axe book but I want
>>> code to study and play with and projects to do/study. Thanks!
>> This question has just been asked on ruby-talk. See:
>> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/vframe.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/189993?189908-190047+split-mod...
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Dave
>

> Hi! The link seems down and I can't get to the ruby-talk site. Can
> anyone post the replies to that question from Ruby-Talk? Thanks!

Not much there. I said:
The best way to improve on your programming skills is a combination of
writing and reading. Use the Ruby Quiz that way - have a go yourself,
before you read and study the summary and other solutions.

A couple of other people also recommended Ruby Quiz. And, of course,
there's the Ruby source code, which is considered somewhat canonical in
terms of coding style, and the standard library does include a bunch of
fairly simple files.

Cheers,
Dave