RubyScript2Exe: how to determine the executable's directory

mojombo

4/19/2006 7:23:00 PM

I've got a command line utility that I'm using RubyScript2Exe to
package up for distribution. In the script I need to determine what
directory the executable is in. Since the ruby script is unpacked into
a temporary directory before running, using __FILE__ doesn't work. I'm
thinking that EEE might send that value into the script somehow, but
have not been able to determine if that is so. Any ideas?

Tom Werner

1 Answer

Erik Veenstra

> I've got a command line utility that I'm using RubyScript2Exe
> to package up for distribution. In the script I need to
> determine what directory the executable is in. Since the ruby
> script is unpacked into a temporary directory before running,
> using __FILE__ doesn't work. I'm thinking that EEE might send
> that value into the script somehow, but have not been able to
> determine if that is so. Any ideas?

You might want to use RUBYSCRIPT2EXE_APPEXE, as described on
the site [1].

gegroet,
Erik V. - http://www.erikve...

[1] http://www.erikve...rubyscript2exe/index.html#3.3.5