Rails help

Brondoman

4/18/2006 7:13:00 PM

I'm about to migrate a .NET app to Rails and need to know the best way
to accomplish a task. Here is what I need to occur:

1) Find the most recent record (LIFO) and mark it as in use so it can
be worked.

That's it. What I found I had trouble with in my .NET app with SQL
server was that when there was a heavy load two people could pull the
same record. In SQL server I had to change the transaction isolation
level but I'm not sure the best 'Rails' way to make this work
(regardless of the underlying database).

Thanks!
Greg Brondo