irb on windows - help

Its Me

4/18/2006 5:11:00 PM

On Windows ... irb behaves very strange with editing lines longer than some
(quite short) minimum. If I use irb history and pull up an earlier long-ish
line, backspace goes bananas.

Anyone else see this? Any work-arounds or solutions?

2 Answers

Ben

Yes, I have the same problem. Even worse, the cursor jumps to one line
above the current command line when I type and messes up everything. I
don't know if it is caused by longer than a preset command length.

Ross Bamford

On Tue, 18 Apr 2006 18:44:33 +0100, Ben <laserbin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, I have the same problem. Even worse, the cursor jumps to one line
> above the current command line when I type and messes up everything. I
> don't know if it is caused by longer than a preset command length.

I'm not a Windows user (a fact for which I'm eternally grateful :)) but
I've heard tell of Readline issues causing this effect. You could try
running irb thus:

irb --noreadline

but I would guess there'd be no history and so on.

--
Ross Bamford - rosco@roscopeco.remove.co.uk