What about the method String#quote,

Eric Luo

4/13/2006 8:54:00 AM

I had found the method +quote+ of String, unfortunately it's no document
about it bundled.

I'm curious what's the functionality of this method?

>ri String#quote
----------------------------------------------------------- String#quote
quote()
(no description...)

Thanks
Eric
3 Answers

Daniel Berger

Eric Luo wrote:
> I had found the method +quote+ of String, unfortunately it's no document
> about it bundled.
>
> I'm curious what's the functionality of this method?
>
> >ri String#quote
> ----------------------------------------------------------- String#quote
> quote()
> (no description...)
>
> Thanks
> Eric

There is no String#quote method. Perhaps you were thinking of
Regexp#quote.

Regards,

Dan

Eric Luo

In my machine, there is an String#quote existed in the ri document,

E:\ruby\bin\ruby -v
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i386-mswin32]

E:\ruby\bin\ri String#quote
----------------------------------------------------------- String#quote
quote()
(no description...)

E:\ruby\bin\ruby -e 'puts String.methods.include?("quote")'
false

I don't know why that happened?
BTW, The ri document was generated from the ruby source code.

EdUarDo

> I don't know why that happened?
> BTW, The ri document was generated from the ruby source code.

I don't have a String#quote method

ruby -v
ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i386-linux]

ri String#quote