rake question: any md5-ish alternative to time-stamps

Its Me

4/12/2006 8:33:00 PM

Can rake record any md5-like information about source objects? I am in a
situation where timestamps on source and target files are not applicable,
but a hash on the source file contents would work.

Thanks.

2 Answers

Its Me

Just checking again if anyone knows about / has done something like
this with rake.

Thanks.

itsme213 wrote:
> Can rake record any md5-like information about source objects? I am in a
> situation where timestamps on source and target files are not applicable,
> but a hash on the source file contents would work.

Stephan Mueller

* itsme213@hotmail.com <itsme213@hotmail.com> [060427 05:08]:

> > Can rake record any md5-like information about source objects? I am in a
> > situation where timestamps on source and target files are not applicable,
> > but a hash on the source file contents would work.

Have a look a rant on rf. it might do what you want.

Cheers,

Steph.