Ruby Is Great, But FXScintilla in FXRuby Not Working

hanumizzle

4/10/2006 8:00:00 PM

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_thread/thread/5c1ac5073180a3ad/0cd847090e4768de?q=Init_scintilla&rnum=1#0cd847...

This came up before. AFAIK, it remains unresolved. I have compiled
FreeRIDE under similar circumstances, checking the log file made in
compilation scrupulously for
-lfxscintilla and the appropriate define flag (both of which appear).
Yet, I am finding no Init_scintilla function anywhere. I've sloshed
through lots of source archives, and furnished quite a few of my own
fixes, but this one's a mystery.

FreeRIDE seems pretty awesome. It would be great if I could get the
thing to work. Actually, FXRuby in general... :(

I must compliment ruby-mode.el, though. No other Emacs source file I've
ever used has had such sensible defaults. I'm also pleased to say that
RMagick is working, and looks like fun. I wish to fully enjoy the
benefits of a such an impressive languge, which has apparently revived
the dream that Smalltalk unfortunately failed to manifest, if only for
incidental reasons. It revives my faith in humanity to see a
/technically superior/ language strike it lucky. :)

--hanumizzle

1 Answer

Hanuman

hanumizzle@gmail.com wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_thread/thread/5c1ac5073180a3ad/0cd847090e4768de?q=Init_scintilla&rnum=1#0cd847...
>
> This came up before. AFAIK, it remains unresolved. I have compiled
> FreeRIDE under similar circumstances, checking the log file made in
> compilation scrupulously for
> -lfxscintilla and the appropriate define flag (both of which appear).
> Yet, I am finding no Init_scintilla function anywhere. I've sloshed
> through lots of source archives, and furnished quite a few of my own
> fixes, but this one's a mystery.
>
> FreeRIDE seems pretty awesome. It would be great if I could get the
> thing to work. Actually, FXRuby in general... :(
>
> I must compliment ruby-mode.el, though. No other Emacs source file I've
> ever used has had such sensible defaults. I'm also pleased to say that
> RMagick is working, and looks like fun. I wish to fully enjoy the
> benefits of a such an impressive languge, which has apparently revived
> the dream that Smalltalk unfortunately failed to manifest, if only for
> incidental reasons. It revives my faith in humanity to see a
> /technically superior/ language strike it lucky. :)

Hello??