RoR - ApplicationController: missing default helper path application_helper

Brian Jones

4/9/2006 5:09:00 AM

I've begun working on a project that I didn't start, and am trying to
get my environment to reflect that of the production system. I have
made sure the same versions of all the Rails modules are installed, and
even grabbed the production code base itself (which works). I'm at my
wits end as to what the problem is, the server just isn't recognizing
the application_helper.rb file. This happens with both the builtin
webbrick server, and lighttpd.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks,

Brian Jones

1 Answer

Brian Jones

The answer to this is: If there is a missing dependency that wasn't
documented, things fail. Installing the dependent ruby gem fixed the
issue.