.deb packages?

Trans

4/5/2006 10:01:00 PM

I'm wondering about the procedure of submitring .deb packages. How is
it done. Do you have to be a "certified" debian developer? Is there
anyone on this list who is a debian developer who does any kind of
package maintance?

I now have .debs for a couple of my projects, so that's why I'm asking.

Thanks,
T.

3 Answers

David N. Welton

Trans wrote:
> I'm wondering about the procedure of submitring .deb packages. How is
> it done. Do you have to be a "certified" debian developer? Is there
> anyone on this list who is a debian developer who does any kind of
> package maintance?
>
> I now have .debs for a couple of my projects, so that's why I'm asking.

Have a look at 'joining Debian'

http://www.debian....

Of course Debian isn't the only group that uses .deb's... you could look
at the relevant documentation on the Ubuntu site to see if they'd accept
your packages.

--
David N. Welton
- http://www.dedasys.c...

Linux, Open Source Consulting
- http://www.de...

Trans

Thanks. I'll look into it.

Although I was hoping that someone else who's already a debian
maintatiner might act as a sort of clearinghouse for other Ruby
developers to submit their .deb packages.

T.

David N. Welton

Trans wrote:
> Thanks. I'll look into it.
>
> Although I was hoping that someone else who's already a debian
> maintatiner might act as a sort of clearinghouse for other Ruby
> developers to submit their .deb packages.

You might send email to a few of the guys who maintain Ruby packages, then.

I simply don't have time, and I'm probably a bit too new to Ruby to
judge whether a package is both right for Debian, and right for Ruby.