Re: Mongrel Web Server 0.3.12.2 -- Iron Mongrel (Parser Fix

William (Bill) Froelich

4/4/2006 7:47:00 PM

Thanks for clearing this up. I'm looking forward to trying out Mongrel!

--Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounce@example.com [mailto:list-bounce@example.com] On Behalf
Of Jim Weirich
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2006 1:43 PM
To: ruby-talk ML
Subject: Re: Mongrel Web Server 0.3.12.2 -- Iron Mongrel (Parser Fix)

William (Bill) Froelich wrote:
> Ok so I tried this and it is asking me to choose the version. What is

> the difference between the ruby and mswin32 versions. Is the ruby
> version simply a generic version for all platforms including windows?

The windows version has a precompiled binary for installing on windows
without hassle. The Ruby version contains C code that must be compiled
as part of the installation. The Ruby version can be installed on any
platform, but will require a compile environment. Generally not a
problem on most unix based systems, but most Windows system don't have
the compiler available.

--
-- Jim Weirich