comp.programming

My C++ synchronization objects library was updated..

Ramine

5/10/2016 10:17:00 PM

Hello,

My C++ synchronization objects library was updated..

I have just updated my C++ synchronization objects library,
i have made some variables "volatile" in my scalable Asymmetric
Distributed Read-Writer Mutex algorithms, to be sure of visibility
accross cores, so now you can be more confident.

So you can download my new and extended C++ synchronization objects
library from:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/c-synchronization-objec...

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.

1 Answer

Ramine

Hello,

Please take a look at the source code of the Delphi XE
DRWLock here:

https://sites.google.com/site/aminer68/scalable-distributed-reader-wr...

I have delclared the following variables in LW_RWLockx.pas
"volatile" like this:

[Volatile] FCount1: PMyRecord1;
[Volatile] FCount2: PMyRecord2;
[Volatile] FCount3: PMyRecord3;
[Volatile] nbr: PMyRecord4;

And i have delclared the following variable in RWLockx.pas
"volatile" like this:

[Volatile] FCount1: PMyRecord1;
[Volatile] FCount2: PMyRecord2;
[Volatile] FCount3: PMyRecord3;
[Volatile] nbr: PMyRecord4;
[Volatile] nbr1: PMyRecord5;

So now you can be more confident of visibility accross cores.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.