comp.programming

Read this about Dmitry Vyukov lockfree concurrent Skiplist

Ramine

5/9/2016 2:15:00 AM

Hello,

Read this about Dmitry Vyukov lockfree concurrent Skiplist:

http://www.1024cores.net/home/parallel-computing/concurrent...

I think that this lockfree algorithm is bad for realtime critical
systems, because there is a loop around a CAS in the writer side, that
makes the writer side not free from starvation. So it is not suitable
for realtime critical systems. So we can generalize this and say
that lockfree algorithms are not suitable for realtime critical systems.

This is why locks and FIFO fairness are useful in realtime critical systems.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.