comp.programming

Proof by contradiction...

Ramine

4/18/2016 4:13:00 AM

Hello,

I think that we have also to prove by contradiction...

If the serial part of the Amdahl's law is 1/16 the overall
parallel program, so when you will test with USL with
fewer cores and fewer threads, let say 8, you can
escape contention on the serial part, and this will
make the linear regression of USL to fail to predict
in this particular case, so since it fails on this
particular case , so this makes the USL methodology
to fail, it is like a proof by contradiction in
mathematics.

So from this, how can we believe this USL methodology ?
i think that Dr. Gunther the author of USL methodology
must explain to us what is this magical thing that makes
his USL methodology succeed.

Thank you,
Amine Moulay Ramdane.