commonly used email library

sin kanti

3/31/2006 9:20:00 PM

Hi all,

I search RAA for email library and found many email libraries out there.
I don't know that which one that i should start with.

My need is just to send email to a group which their email address
kept in a flat file.
Please give me some libraries that commonly used and stable.

Thank you in advance,

Sinchai

6 Answers

james_b

sin kanti wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I search RAA for email library and found many email libraries out there.
> I don't know that which one that i should start with.
>
> My need is just to send email to a group which their email address
> kept in a flat file.
> Please give me some libraries that commonly used and stable.

I use the SMTP lib bundled with Ruby for basic E-mail tasks. It's very
simple to use.

--
James Britt

http://www.ru... - Ruby Help & Documentation
http://www.artima.c... - The Journal By & For Rubyists
http://www.rub... - The Ruby Store for Ruby Stuff
http://refreshing... - Design, technology, usability

Trans

> I use the SMTP lib bundled with Ruby for basic E-mail tasks. It's very
> simple to use.

But lacks TLS so you can't send via gmail :-(

T.

Austin Ziegler

On 3/31/06, Trans <transfire@gmail.com> wrote:> > I use the SMTP lib bundled with Ruby for basic E-mail tasks. It's very> > simple to use.>> But lacks TLS so you can't send via gmail :-(GMailer is supposed to work for this, but google appears to havechanged the protocol and it now no longer works (and fails silently).-austin--Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca

Park Heesob

>> > I use the SMTP lib bundled with Ruby for basic E-mail tasks. It's very
>> > simple to use.
>>
>> But lacks TLS so you can't send via gmail :-(
>
> GMailer is supposed to work for this, but google appears to have
> changed the protocol and it now no longer works (and fails silently).
>
> -austin
Google didn't changed the protocol.
It was due to ruby 1.8.3,1.8.4 http post bug.
Try GMailer 0.1.1
http://rubyforge.org/frs/?gr...

Regards,
Park Heesob

Dimitri Aivaliotis

Hi Sinchai,

On 3/31/06, sin kanti <sinkanti@gmail.com> wrote:

> My need is just to send email to a group which their email address
> kept in a flat file.
> Please give me some libraries that commonly used and stable.

SimpleMail (http://simplemail.ruby...) makes it easy to send
mails in both text and html format. It can also handle attachments.

- Dimitri

Austin Ziegler

On 3/31/06, Park Heesob <phasis68@hotmail.com> wrote:> > GMailer is supposed to work for this, but google appears to have> > changed the protocol and it now no longer works (and fails silently).> Google didn't changed the protocol.> It was due to ruby 1.8.3,1.8.4 http post bug.> Try GMailer 0.1.1> http://rubyforge.org/frs/?group_.... I haven't upgrade to 1.8.3 or 1.8.4 and it failed. I will tryupgrading, though, in the event that 0.1.1 fixes the problem in anycase.-austin--Austin Ziegler * halostatue@gmail.com * Alternate: austin@halostatue.ca