Re: TrueClass/FalseClass vs. Boolean

Berger, Daniel

3/31/2006 3:45:00 PM

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ara.t.howard@noaa.gov [mailto:ara.t.howard@noaa.gov]
> Sent: Friday, March 31, 2006 8:36 AM
> To: ruby-talk ML
> Subject: Re: TrueClass/FalseClass vs. Boolean

<snip>

Also, I like it for testing, when I want to test .kind_of? and ensure
that it's either true or false.

> > It's been proposed and rejected by Matz once already.
>
> i seem to recall this... link? wonder why he rejected...

I originally proposed it on the old RCR site on rubygarden.org. I
believe you could find it on http://www.rc..., but it appears to
be down at the moment.

I think one of the reasons for rejecting it was that redefining how true
or false behaved would cause havoc with the regular expression engine.
But I think mostly he just didn't see the need for a boolean class the
ways things are now.

Regards,

Dan